Wednesday, February 16, 2011

'Time' Stole My Child

Staring out my window 
I'm reminded of a time,
a time of diapers, bottles and lullabies.

I loved your pudgy fingers 
and kissing your chubby cheeks.
Everything I did, 
I had a little shadow at my feet.

It seemed it would be this way forever,
as my life felt so complete.

I loved your little clothes 
and loved the way you smelled.
I treasured holding you in my arms,
comforting you 
as you comforted me.

Christmas's and Easters' were so amazing
with my tiny child's excitement filling the house.

I cling to thoughts of all your firsts...
your first tooth, 
first tooth lost,
riding a bike, 
learning to walk.

I cherished taking you to the zoo, 
the park and the beach
and watching your excited, carefree spirit,
introducing you to new things.

Now staring out my window 
and watching the clouds slowly drift by,
I hear the tick tock of the clock,
and time is passing by.

And just when I thought 
I'd always have a child with me...
time swept in, 
like the wind,
and stole my child from me.

As time goes on 
it will take with it all,
5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1,
leaving me without any children at all.

I'm happy for the man you are,
so proud of who you've become, 
but everywhere I look,
I see fragments of my little boy,
and it all seems like a colorful dream.


I love my beautiful family -

Micah
Jonah
Jude
Gabriel
Asher









This isn't meant to sound dark and hopeless, it's just one take on the concept of TIME and is how I'm feeling today. In this writing TIME is a robber, a stealer of good things. But, TIME has also brought about an amazing man (my 18yr. old son, Micah) for me to enjoy and will bring to me 4 more. But, then that too will pass, and I'll probably find myself writing again when I'm an old woman - haha. One thing is for sure... TIME goes fast, we need to enjoy the precious moments we are given because it's only for a season.

No comments:

Post a Comment