Thursday, January 13, 2011

Starving

Blah, blah, blah...... I'm sure that's all Jimmer heard as I was nagging him for the nineteenth time last night about..... hmm, I don't even know what. However, as he sat calmly for quite sometime, I do recall him saying, "Would you stop, you look ridiculous right now". But, what I interpreted was, "Would you stop, you look like an ugly cow right now". (Ohhh... it sounds so funny now.) Anyway, the look he gave me the next morning when I told him he called me 'ugly' was one I was a little familiar with. It was a look of total confusion. After he proceeded to tell me he never said that and never would, he told me how sorry he was about last night. I thought, "He's sorry?!? For what?" But, hey, if he wanted to accept responsiblity who was I to stop him - lol. So I let him, and I acted like the innocent victim.

Yes, yes, I know I was giving women a bad name by acting like a crazy women. But, in my defense I would just like to say it's because I'm STARVING! Ok, maybe not literally, but at work we started this biggest looser contest and we're on teams and my team won't let me eat anything and I just really want some food!

Being on this diet has made me think of silly diets I've tried in the past, namely, high school. Let's see, there was the chocolate laxative diet, the saltine cracker diet, the grapefruit diet, the cabbage soup diet, the 'I'm not on a diet’ diet. WHAT?!? THAT is just to name a few. Fortunately, in all my experience, I have learned there are no shortcuts, which is good because now I won’t fall for the chewing gum diet, the vinegar diet and, even crazier, there really is, no lie,  a tapeworm diet and cotton ball diet! Google it - it's real! Nope, I know the only real way to lose weight is to reduce calories and exercise - UGG!


I love Jimmer for putting up with my quirkiness as I have to put up with his : )   Somehow it works for us and, after being together so long, what made us mad before is just funny when it happens now.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! That is too funny! I know I am a bear when I am hungry too. Poor Jim, but I bet he will live through it.

    ReplyDelete