Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Art Of Riding

I have mastered the art of riding
by learning how to fall.

I have fallen on the concrete
and fallen in the grass;
there was even the time
I thought I broke my a##.

I've been closelined by a tree
and landed head first in the dirt
when my horse startled from a bee.

I've gone face first in the snow
when she slipped on ice;
making the time I fell off in the water
actually kind of nice.

Each of these experiences made me stop and think....
If I can't stay in the saddle...
If I can't land on my feet....
Tuck and roll is the answer that I seek.

haha - corny, I know. I wrote it in just a few minutes. Just sitting here thinking about all my follies riding horse. By the way, all those things really did happen to me and more. There were the times I got bucked off, the time my horse spooked and jumped and I went off the back, the time I got ran into a fence, and lets not forget about the head butting, biting and the numerous times I've been stepped on. Ohhhh, I LOVE horses!! haha - I really do! They're my favorite thing in the world besides my sons. The follies are remembered as funny and the good times are remembered as even better!  

No comments:

Post a Comment